Wish List

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Boy's birthday card...

A while ago I made my daughter a few birthday cards to have on hand when her children are invited to birthday parties...and this was one of them.
I think this monster truck image is a great one for young boys. It is from the Father's Day cartridge and only has two layers--but it's easy enough to add additional layers just by cutting it in other colors and piecing it together. You can see in the photo that I've used four colors/layers: blue, black, dark gray and silver.

The sentiment is one of those dollar stamps from Michael's.  I stamped it in Versarmark ink on black paper and then heat embossed it with some sparkly silver embossing powder. I love how it turned out!

The banner flags were made out of washi tape. I hand drew the cord and the tiny bows at either end. I will definitely be using this idea again. It was so fun and quick to make and I think it adds the perfect touch to the card front.


Inside the card I stamped a birthday sentiment and layered it onto some of the same DSP that I used on the front. Simples!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Love, love, love the Washi Tape flags!! What a fun idea!