Wish List

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Another boy Valentine...

Little boys are never a problem when it comes to cardmaking.  But when they get to be 9, 10 and beyond, they don't want those "cute" cards anymore. They're much too "tough" for little cars, trucks and trains or even puppy dogs or other pets.

Because I like to make my cards as personal as possible, I always think long and hard about the design and content of the card, especially when it comes to my older grandsons. One of them is taking snowboarding lessons this year, so here's the Valentine I made for him:
This image was cut from the "Dude!" cartridge. I think you can see that the snowboarder is popped up on some foam squares for a little added dimension. I did add one little heart up in the corner and used lots of red cardstock. It is a Valentine, after all.

I had to go online to look up some snowboarding lingo for the sentiment, which is computer generated. Gnar-shredding??? Have you ever heard of that?? I sure hadn't until I worked on this card.


For the inside of the card, I added a little strip of the DSP, another strip of the punched border and a couple more hearts.

I sure hope my grandson likes it. I think he'll be surprised to see a snowboarder on his card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your grandson will love it. I bet he is glued to the TV watching the Olympic snowboarding events. Actually they are pretty scary--some of the tricks they try.

Patti J said...

He's going to love it, Cheryl! Well done, dear friend!!!