Wish List

Friday, December 20, 2013

Just five more sleeps to Christmas...

My little grandson called yesterday. He's only four and is having a really hard time waiting for Christmas.
 
"Grammy," he said, "I want to come to your house THIS night and open presents!" I had to explain as best I could that we had to wait until Santa came, otherwise we might end up on his naughty list. I think he was willing to risk it.
 
He will be here Christmas Eve, and we will get to be with him as he wakes early Christmas morning to see what Santa has brought for him. I can hardly wait. I want him to be here THIS night, too!
 
I've been working every night to get ready for the big day. Cookies have been baked...
These are my husband's favorites - Date Pinwheels. I only make them at Christmas time as they are kind of a fussy cookie to make. You have to make the dough and the filling, chill the dough, then roll it out, spread on the filling, roll it back up, chill again, slice and...finally...bake. You can probably understand why I don't make them very often.
 
I've also finished up my Christmas cards - all 83 or 84 of them. I stopped counting after 80. The problem is, we actually mailed 80 of them and I put the remaining 3 or 4 aside in case I got cards from folks not on my original list. Then I could grab one of those leftover cards and send it off. I put them aside for that purpose.  Aside, is right! I CAN'T FIND THEM! And, of course, it happened. I got a card from a friend I hadn't included on my list because I knew they had moved and I didn't have their new address...until now. Well, back to the craft room I went to make a couple more cards. Sheesh! Getting old is rough.
 
Anyway, here are a few of the cards (in the original 80) that I made but haven't shared on the blog yet:
I love the look of the DSP I used on this card. It looks like old-fashioned wallpaper to me.
The inside was kept simple, but the little sprig of holly added some dimension.
 
These two cads were made using some images from my Christmas paper pack. I only matted them on red and green cardstock and added a few red gems to dress them up. "Be merry" is embossed with an interesting embossing powder called "Christmas Tree." It is a combination of red and green particles and is really quite pretty IRL. It looks a little crazy in this photo, but trust me - it's much more attractive in person. I forget the name of the embossing folder I used on the green CS, but I think it's by Darice. 
This is the last card I'll share with you today.  I used my Memory Box Precious Hearts dies to make the very thin bows on top of the ornaments.  The ornaments were cut with the Quickutz Christmas Holiday Ornament die out of some glittery gold paper.
"Peace on Earth" was gold-embossed and the inside sentiment was stamped with some gold ink.

Well, that's enough of my rambling for today. I hope your Christmas preparations are going a little smoother than mine.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl 

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Your grandson is precious! It will be fun having him there Christmas morning. Your cards are lovely! I haven't had time yet to make cards for my crafty friends, hopefully tomorrow! Working on family cards tonight. Being gone 12 days set me a bit (lol...a lot) behind! We were actually in Heidelberg! Went to the castle...it was phenomenal! Have a nice evening! Hugs...