Wish List

Monday, November 11, 2013

Thanksgiving card with Art Philosophy...


I made this card using my Art Philosophy cartridge. It's such a great cartridge with really useful, even elegant, images. This card was inspired by a card that Mary made on Cardz TV. You can see her video about making her card here.

I cut my acorns at 1 1/2". I think I cut my label at 1 3/4". It didn't have a shadow on the cartridge, but it's easy enough to create one using my Gypsy.



Here you can see that I inked around the bottom section of each acorn, embossed the brown tops with a herringbone embossing folder and then popped each acorn up on one layer of foam tape.

The little bows are made out of embroidery floss and attached with one of my tiny homemade glue dots. I love making my own glue dots, because I can make them as small or as big as I want.

The ribbon is some pretty felt-like ribbon that has a gold edging. I found it in the dollar bin at Michaels.








Here's the inside of my card with an extra acorn that I added to dress it up a bit.

I'm entering this card in the CARDZ TV GO-TO GALZ LINKY PARTY CHALLENGE #8 "HAPPY HARVEST".

We will be having 17 people for dinner on Thanksgiving Day. It is going to be a ton of fun...with a ton of food! I'm hoping to find a 24 lb. turkey to feed all these people. We'll have 9 extra people staying with us through at least Saturday so I'm hoping for a few leftovers so that I don't have to do too much more cooking beyond the big meal on Thursday.

I've done a little baking already and put it in the freezer - breakfast breads and cookies - but I need to add to that during the next two weeks. We're not only having Thanksgiving dinner here, but on Friday we're also having a birthday party for one of my granddaughters. I haven't even really thought about that yet! Yikes! I'd better get on the ball.

Have you started your Thanksgiving Day preparations yet? Will you be having people to a meal at your house, or are you invited elsewhere? Whatever your plans, I hope you have a fantastic holiday!

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

Very pretty card Cheryl. Wow! sounds like you are going to the really busy the next 2 week. Good luck with all that prep work.

Shanna said...

So cute! I love the papers and the colors!