Wish List

Sunday, November 17, 2013

A final Thanksgiving card...

I think this is the last Thanksgiving card that I will make. I really need to write in them now and get them in the mail. I made several of this design because they came together so quickly.
 
The tree stamp is a Hero Arts stamp. It works so well for fall cards. I added some tiny yellow flat-backed gems to some of the tree's curliques for a little sparkle.

I was hoping you'd be able to see the sparkle of the gems if I took an angled shot of the card...but I guess not!

I inked around the image and the sentiment label with some distress ink and also added a couple of gems on either side of the sentiment.

The ribbon is some lovely, brown, felt-like ribbon that is actually quite thin, probably because it was in the dollar bin and is a cheaply made ribbon. But for card making purposes, it's perfect!

I used an embossing folder (from Sizzix, I think) on the top panel and then sanded the cardstock to highlight the embossed pattern. It really only took a short time to make this card--and a few more just like it.

I have begun to purchase all the food items I will need to prepare dinner for the 17 people who will be seated around our dining room table on Thanksgiving Day. I've even taken the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off from work so that I can get most of the prep work done that day. I still haven't found a turkey big enough, though. I may have to break down and buy two 12-pounders. That really isn't such a bad idea--as long as I can fit them both in my oven. I'll have to think about that.

Will you be preparing Thanksgiving dinner at your house? If so, what do you serve for dessert? We usually have three or four different kinds of pie: cherry, pumpkin, apple and, sometimes pecan.

Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: