Wish List

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Down to the wire for Halloween...

 
Halloween will be here in just a few days, and I've been working hard to finish up my Halloween cards. I am truly feeling down to the wire, but I think I am finally done! Here are some that I finished up yesterday: 
I made these four fun Halloween cards using an idea from a great tutorial from Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. Dawn called this card a Peek-a-boo Window Card. Click on the link to watch her great video tutorial.


The skull and crossbones on this card is cut from a Cuttlebug die. I put some green paper behind the eyes and nose and painted it with glow-in-the-dark paint.

The fancy label and shadow are cut from the Elegant Edges cartridge. I added a border at the top using Martha Stewart's drippy goo border punch.










It's difficult to see how the peek-a-boo window works in this picture, but hopefully, you'll see it better on one of the other cards.

The ticket stamp was one that I found in the dollar bin at Michael's. I embossed it with white embossing powder on black cardstock. I love the way that looks.








Here's another card, very similar to the one above. I used the same tools for the border and label, and I also painted this skull and crossbones with glow in the dark paint.











Another card with a spider cut from the Doodlecharms cartridge. You can't tell in this photo, but I ran the body of the spider--a top layer that was cut separately--through my Xyron, added the googly eyes and then added flocking to it before I adhered it to the first layer of the spider. It's so cute in person.

The candies at the bottom of the card were dimensional stickers. Doesn't it look like that spider is just eyeing the candy corn, ready to pounce on it?



Finally, I made this card with three scalloped circles on the front. The top and bottom circles are adhered to the left side of the card, and the ghost in the center is adhered to the right side.












Here are some successive photos to give you a little idea of how the peek-a-boo works:
Once I got the hang of making these cards, they came together really quickly. The peek-a-boo mechanism is so much fun, and I think the kids are going to love it.

Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
 
 


 

No comments: