Wish List

Monday, September 30, 2013

Putting the proverbial cart before the horse...

It seems that all I want to do lately is work on Christmas cards. Since I haven't made a single Halloween or Thanksgiving card, I'd say I've definitely got the cart before the horse. I've even got a birthday card floating around in my head that needs to be made--really soon--yet whenever I walk into my craft room, I look at my Christmas stamps, paper and embellishments and start working with holiday trees, snowflakes, candy cane images...well, you get the idea.

Here's what came together for me, the last time I played with paper:
If you've read my previous posts, you know that I am working on using all the papers in a particular paper stack called "The Heirloom Christmas Stack" by DCWV. A couple of its pages contain some great holiday images like the trees you see on this card. These great images make the cards come together very quickly. I simply matted the image with some white CS, added a little ribbon and then used some foam squares to adhere it to the embossed green paper. I used the Holly Ribbons embossing folder for the green CS. It's hard to see in the photo, but I also used my Fiskars scalloped border punch on the bottom of the green card, and I overlapped the scalloped edge on the red polka dot paper.

 
Here's a little closer look at the sentiment. I just love this font! I'm not sure who makes this stamp - it could be a Reflections stamp from Michael's - but I'll be using it a lot this year.



Here's the inside of the card. I hand cut a tree for an embellishment and embossed it with a Sizzix Evergreen embossing folder.

I love the dimension that embossing folders add!
So have you started your Christmas cards yet? I've only gotten about eight of them made so far, so you'll be seeing a lot more of them here. I promise to also post some Halloween and Thanksgiving cards, too, however. In fact, I have a few designs rolling around in my head for those holidays, too, and I just need to actually put those ideas into actual card-making.
 
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
 

1 comment:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, this is so pretty. Love all the textures and color combo. Decorating the inside adds a great touch.