Wish List

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Embossed vellum flowers...

I've been planning to try my hand at some embossed vellum flowers for a long time now. In fact, months ago I purchased a sheet of yellow vellum just for that purpose. I have finally given it a go, and here's what I came up with:
I really love how these flowers turned out. They're even prettier in person. If you look closely at the photograph, you can see that they are translucent. You can just make out the plaid paper underneath.




This picture is a little fuzzy, but I thought I'd share it anyway. I simply stamped the images onto the yellow vellum with Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. Once they had cooled, I hand cut them and adhered them to my card with a few pretty pearls in the centers.














The sentiment was stamped and cut out with a Spellbinders Fancy Tags die. I popped the oval part of the die up with some foam tape, but glued the two flourishes on either end directly to the card and added a pearl to each.

Just a bit of decoration on the inside and a stamped sentiment from Fiskars. This card is for my stepdaughter's birthday--which just happens to be TODAY! I hope she has a marvelous day and the best year yet!

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, I am lovin' those flowers. I have tried stamping on vellum with white ink. I will have to try the embossing.