Tuesday, July 9, 2013
The sentiment is also cut from the Birthday Bash cartridge. It has a blackout/shadow shape that can be cut to use as a background, but I opted not to use it. It also had another bee attached to it, but I simply cut that bee off, as it made the sentiment too long to fit on my card--and I didn't want to cut the sentiment in a smaller size.
The yellow layer of the bee originally included the wings, but I really wanted it to have vellum wings with a little sparkle on them and no yellow showing through underneath. To accomplish this, I cut the top layer out of vellum and then cut off the yellow under-layer, leaving just enough to attach the vellum wings. Before I glued them on, though, I stamped them with Versamark ink and my plaid background stamp. Then I heat embossed the plaid pattern with some sparkly embossing powder. If you look closely, you'll see that sparkly plaid pattern on them.
For the inside, I added a purple mat and stamped a bee from one of my stamp sets. I'm not sure of the stamp manufacturer. It's an old set that I've used quite a bit and I no longer have the original packaging.
For the bees flight trail, I drew a curly line lightly with a pencil, then added the stitching with a black pen. Once the ink was dry, I erased the pencil line.
A little tip: I didn't actually have enough medium purple CS to use as a mat, so I simply pulled out my purple ProMarker and colored the edges of some white cardstock. Voila! I had just the right color mat
In this photo you can see that I added some yellow to the bee's body with a permanent marker and some sparkle to the wings with a glitter pen.
I'm entering this card in Fantabulous Cricut's Challenge #168: Cute as a bug and Let's Craft and Create's Challenge #74: Anything Goes.
Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.