Wish List

Friday, July 5, 2013

Baby girl card...

Our family was blessed with another beautiful baby girl - another great niece for me! I think that makes 23 great nieces and nephews now. I can't believe it!!!!

I wanted to make a special card for this newest sweet addition, but since it's their second girl, I thought I'd step away from all pink. Here is what I created:
One of my sisters gave me these cute little metal hangers. Aren't they adorable? Another sister gave me some of the cardstock and the scalloped card base that I used.

I cut the little dresses from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. I used the "Tab" feature, which cut the dresses with a little tab at each shoulder - just like old-fashioned paper dolls. That way, I could bend the tabs over the hanger and adhere them onto the backside of the dress. PERFECT! I also inked around the edges of each little dress to give them more definition against the white background. I attached the hangers with tiny blue brads and added some pop dots behind each dress.


I cut the sentiment frame from the "Fabulous Finds" cartridge. I added a couple of the little blue flower-shaped brads on each end.


I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder on the front and also across the top of the inside. Please excuse these shadowy pictures. Didn't realize how bad they were until I put them here on my blog!

This was a super fun card to make - especially with all the supplies from my sisters! I hope they know how much I appreciate them - and not just because they share their stuff with me!


If you're reading this here in the U.S., I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July holiday. My husband and I had a great day, joining in on a small town celebration not far from where we live and getting some much needed shopping done. We also had some very tasty grilled brats, eating them on our patio in the back yard.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Patti J said...

What a fun card, Cheryl! And so special, as nearly everything came from family members! Great job, my friend - love it :)

designbydonna said...

A precious cute card. I love those little dresses. Never too early for little girls to have pretty dresses.

Anonymous said...

love the card and I'm so glad you are getting some good of the sister stash. lol pj