Wish List

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Are you a knitwit?

My daughter is definitely a "knitwit." She's a smart, beautiful, kind, generous, fun knitwit - but a knitwit, nonetheless. She knits up a storm (although not so much in the summer when it's hot) and gives her gorgeous hand-knitted items to family members and friends. I've been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of some of those wonderful gifts.

While I don't knit, I wanted to let her know how much I support her in her hobby. I visited a wonderful little yarn shop in my area, bought a few skeins of yarn and then made these notecards to send to her along with the yarn:

These are really just some simple notecards, but I hope she finds them fun to use. I colored the yarn and basket images with ProMarkers and the knitting needles with Letraset metallic markers. I used some flat-backed gems for the ends of each of the knitting needles.

I looked up some knitting quotes and put a different one inside each notecard.  Here's a sample:
It was fun to whip together these few notecards for my daughter. I hope she uses them--and asks for more when these are gone. I love making cards for my kids to use.

A bright envelope for each card helped make this set even more fun.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Georgiana said...

Great cards. Grew up using the word "knitwit", but I like this way better.

Shanna the Knitwit said...

I'm actually looking for the perfect frames so I can display these in my knitting corner!!