Wish List

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A couple of Father's Day cards...

I got a wonderful paper stack at Michael's on sale a while ago and it had the perfect paper to make a Father's Day card for my husband.
The stack is by DCWV and is called Nana's Kitchen. Doesn't sound like it could possibly work for guy's card, does it?






Well, here's the card I made for my DH:
The orange gingham paper came from the stack. There was also a couple of sheets with all kinds of Weber-type grills and grilling items on it. I cut out the spatula, meat fork, ketchup and mustard bottles and the apron from that sheet. I used my computer to print "King of the Grill" on the apron, and since the ties were too fine to cut out, I used some crochet thread to add some new ones. Oh yes, and I inked around all these little items before I added them to the card.

The grill was cut from the Father's Day cartridge. It looks almost exactly like our grill. I scored a few lines on each side tray and chalked them to add some dimension and to make it look even more like our grill.

I used a Fiskars border punch to make the bottom border. For the two matching corners, I punched out a 1" square, cut it in half diagonally, and then used the punch to take out the little triangular piece in the center of each. I also inked the edges of the border and the two corners.

A little bit of extra dimension was added to the grill handle/knob and the wheels with some black dimensional paint.

My husband does all the grilling at our house, and he does a fantastic job. I love it when he grills because it's a lot less cooking for me!


Here's the inside of the card. The oval was cut with the Father's Day cartridge.  I used the same border punch on the inside as I did on the front of the card.









I also wanted to make a couple of Father's Day cards for two elderly uncles. Here's what I came up with for them.
I had come up with this card layout when I made a birthday card for my brother-in-law. I thought it would work great for a Father's Day card, as well. The chair was just a digital image I found online. I printed it onto patterned cardstock, then added some shading with ProMarkers. I also used some Liquid Pearls for "buttons."
 
You can see that I've used Card Candi for the faux brads in the two corners. I REALLY love Card Candi. I use mostly white and just color it with my ProMarkers to coordinate with my project.
 
For the inside, I stamped a little easy chair (I think it might be an Inkadinkadoo stamp) and colored it to coordinate with the chair on the front. I sut it out and adhered it directly to the border piece of DSP.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my two Father's Day cards. Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


1 comment:

Allison said...

fab cards- have a good weekend
AllisonX