Wish List

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ice cream cone gift tags...

I remember the days when my kids were small and I didn't hardly have time to think, much less make special gift tags for their gifts. I would take a small rectangular piece of wrapping paper, fold it in half and--voila!--a gift tag that was hastily taped to their packages.

Times have changed, my kids are grown, and now its fun to make gift tags that are a bit more interesting for my grandchildren's packages.

Here are some I made from the "Stretch Your Imagination" cartridge:
I used my Gypsy to weld two 4" ice cream cones at the top. If you make them, be sure to flip one of the cones horizontally before joining them as they are not absolutely symmetrical. You can guess how I know that!

I used the Cuttlebug Divine Swirls embossing folder on the ice cream and the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder on the cones. A little inking and some glossy accents on the cherry added just the right touches to finish the outside.

For the inside, I found a circle die that fit perfectly for my "to: and from:" stamp.

I told you they were easy! I simply use a little double-stick tape on the back to add them to the package.

I need to make some more of these, as I am currently completely out of gift tags, other than a few left over Christmas ones.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Mmmm...ice cream! Haven't had any of that since July :) Love your tags, Cheryl, and I'm sure the recipients will, as well! Thank you so much for the beautiful anniversary card that you sent. It has a front and center spot on the fireplace mantle! You are so thoughtful...Nick and Melissa are home, and as soon as they saw that it was from you, they had all good things to say about all of their cards during Nick's deployment. God bless you, dear friend!