Wish List

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Some pretty paper from GCD Studios...


At the beginning of the year I won the 12" X 12" paper pad "Indian Summer" by GCD Studios.

It has some really beautiul papers in trendy designs. I love the soft colors of this pad and have found them to be a great addition to my paper supply.

I am so grateful to GCD Studios for picking my name to receive this prize.



I took just one 12" X 12" sheet and decided to make cards for two very different occasions. Here's what I came up with.
First, I needed a sympathy card because a colleague's husband had passed away and I had no sympathy cards in my stash. Now you wouldn't necessarily think of using a chevron pattern for a sympathy card, but the soft colors of the "Indian Summer" collection make it a perfect reflection of gentle, heartfelt thoughts.

The yellow polka-dot paper in the bottom scalloped mat is from the same stack, so it coordinates beautifully with the chevron paper.














A pearl cluster on the ribbon and single pearls on the sentiment's scalloped square added the right touch of elegance and formality, I think.









The inside was kept simple, with just the sentiment and plenty of room to add a personal note.









With the rest of this pretty 12" X 12" sheet, I decided to also make a birthday card.
This time, I cut away one of the white chevrons. This needed to be done carefully with a craft knife. If you try using a scissors, your risk tearing the paper when you turn the scissors to aim your cutting line up or down. Believe me, I know!! I then backed this open space with the yellow pattern that is on the opposite side of the sheet.

I also cut a fancy butterfly and a plain yellow butterfly using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. I wanted the fancy butterfly to be a sparkly focal point, so I applied a thin layer of spray adhesive and then covered it with some clear glitter. I think it turned out really pretty.

The "happy birthday!" greeting was stamped directly onto the yellow-patterned paper.









 Once again the inside of the card was kept simple, using the yellow patterned side of the paper as a mat.










I hope you liked seeing two cards for very different purposes from the same patterened paper.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Beautiful! I especially love the one where you cut away the chevron and inserted the patterned paper. How creative!