Wish List

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

An old dresser card...

I found this picture of a card I made a couple of years ago that I've never shared, so I thought I would share it now. The picture is not a good one, but I think you can see how it's made.
This is a sidestep card that was made by following one of the tutorials I found online. While I don't recall whose tutorial I used at the time, there are a lot of good ones online. In a quick Google search for "dresser side-step card tutorial," I found one here. The legs of the dresser were formed by cutting them out using the end of a Spellbinders Label 8 die.

The cardstock that I used looks very much like real wood veneer. I scored a rectangle on each of the drawers and then inked them for a bit more dimension. The drawer pulls are adhesive-backed faux brads.

The mirror was cut from the Forever Young cartridge, and I cut some metal tape in an oval to form the shiny surface. I didn't realize that I had attached the mirror at a slight angle when I made the card, but I guess pictures don't lie!!

The sentiment is a rub-on one, and with a little lace and some flat-backed pearls and gems, it was done.

I really need to make another one of these cards - maybe one in pastel colors to welcome a new baby.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I love this one!! So cute, mom!