Wish List

Thursday, April 18, 2013

A sweet happy birthday card...

I've had a couple of Saturated Canary digi stamps on my computer for awhile, but never felt confident enough with my ProMarkers to color them until now. I decided it was time to try out some shading and color-layering techniques. Here's the result:

Isn't this image pretty in these soft, pastel colors? I kept the card simple in design, so as to keep the focus on the image. I had never colored blonde hair before, but I'm pretty pleased with the results.
 
I don't have a lot of ProMarkers - just a basic 12-marker set, a 6-marker set of skin tones, a 6-marker set of pastels and a 6-marker set of jewel tones. I would really like to get more of them as I am really enjoying coloring pretty images like this.
 
The sentiment on the front of the card is from Fiskars, and while you can't tell from this photo, it has been colored over with a glitter pen so that it sparkles. Even the two dotted lines have some added sparkle on each little dot! It looks so pretty IRL.
 
Here's a close-up of the image. I'm definitely going to print out a few more of this one and try some different color combinations.
I kept the inside very simple with another pink mat and a coordinating Fiskars stamp.
 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
 
Edited to add: If you'd like to win some ProMarkers, check out the Letraset blog here!
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl
 
 

10 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, Cheryl! Why would you not feel confident coloring? Your card is gorgeous, and your coloring is amazing! I think that some of these digi images are going to have to jump into my shopping cart next month after all the company is gone, and I'm lonely :) Great card, good luck with the challenges!

Patti J said...

Cheryl, this is gorgeous! Oh my goodness, I don't know how you could not be confident in your coloring! It's beautiful! Good luck on your challenges, dear friend! Hugs...

Sherrie K. said...

So glad you share this! You did a fabulous job on the coloring! The image is so darn sweet:) Nicely done!
Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

lalkygirl said...

wow Cheryl what a gorgeous card I LOVE how you coloured your cute image.....TO PERFECTION .I hope to see more of your projects real soon
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers challenge and good luck
Tracey x

Unknown said...

Loved your coloring on this card she is so cute. Connie likes it also and I am now signed in to a Google account. Great card!!
MKW

Anonymous said...

Great card Connie and I really like it and your coloring was perfect.MKW

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, I love the image, gorgeous colours and style of your card. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

Karen said...

Lovely card, fab image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

xx

Kate said...

What a pretty card! Your colouring is fabulous!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Lynne in NI said...

Aww she's a cutie Cheryl!! Love how you threaded your ribbon through your pretty frame :)