Wish List

Monday, April 22, 2013

A quick birthday card from scraps...

As a happy papercrafter--working on cards nearly every week of the year--I accumulate a LOT of scrap paper. I hate wasting anything so I diligently file these scraps away with a plan to cull through them from time to time and make a few cards. This weekend, I dove into my scraps and came up with supplies for this quick card:

I had stamped and colored the image a long time ago. It was hanging out in my "colored and cut images" file.

Here's a little closer look at the image. I'm still learning what works and what doesn't with alcohol markers. If you look closely you'll see that I outlined the bear in a very pale blue to help define it a bit more.

For the inside of the card, I simply added a little border cut from the striped paper at the top and bottom and left it blank so that I can write a little message.

This is one for my stash of cards, and it has helped make my scrap pile a tiny bit lighter! I'm going to try and challenge myself to come up with a card from my paper scraps a little more often.



Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Cheryl, your scraps have been put to good use! This card is adorable, and your blue outline works perfectly! Thanks for sharing :)