Wish List

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sugar and spice and everything nice ...

... that's what little girls are made of!

My daughter needed a baby card for a friend who is having a little girl. I was so pleased that she asked me to make one for her. I immediately pulled out my Kate's ABCs cartridge, remembering that it had the cutest image of little girl shoes. Here's what I came up with:
I cut the shoes at 2 1/2" as I didn't want them to take up the entire face of the card. I've seen them cut much larger, but I really like this smaller version.  They are both popped up on foam tape for a little extra dimension. 

I also cut the letter blocks at 1" from the same cartridge and backed them with some of the same darker pink cardstock that I used for the shoes. They are also adhered with foam tape, and I think they add so much to the design!

The pink patterned mat was edged on the bottom with a Martha Stewart "doily lace" border punch and finished with a length of off-white satin ribbon across the center.

I decorated the pink envelope with a small heart stamped twice in the bottom right corner. I also stamped the same heart on the back of the card where you might put your "Made by" stamp.

I used a small pink pearl in the center of each little flower on the shoes and also as a sort of "button" on each strap. I also used a pink pearl flourish by Zva Creative to add some bling - this card is in celebration of a little GIRL, after all!
The inside of the card was decorated with just a strip of the pretty pink card stock, edged with the MS border punch.  The sentiment was computer generated. It is similar to one I found online, but I changed it to be more my style.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my little baby girl card. It was so much fun to make, and I know I'll use those little shoes again whenever I have the opportunity to make another card for a tiny miss.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl 
 

1 comment:

Shanna said...

This doesn't even do it justice. The "inside" of the shoes is sparkly. What's not to love about sparkly and pink?! Adorable!