Wish List

Monday, January 28, 2013

You're the best...

I purchased another set of Penny Black clear stamps awhile ago but hadn't gotten around to using them until now. The set is called "Critter Party" and this little guy is one of the stars of the set.


He was quick and easy to color with my ProMarkers. I added a little shadow beneath his feet to ground him.
 
Here's the card that I made with this fun image:

It's definitely a simple design--in retrospect, I could have added some more embellishment or even some light blue shading on all that white space around the image. I still like the simple design, however, and this card will come in handy as a thank you card or even a congratulations card for someone who has achieved something significant. It's so satisfying to put together simple cards like this one.

I popped the scalloped square up on foam tape. You can see the dimension a little foam tape adds in the photo at left.
For beginners in coloring with alcohol markers (like me), I think Penny Black images are ideal. They're fun, smaller images on which you can practice shading and detail. Give them a try, if you haven't already. I ordered my two sets (Betsy Bluebell and Critter Party) online from Joann.com when they were 50% off and I had a coupon for free shipping. Now I only  wish I had gotten more.
 
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: