Wish List

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just for fun...

I wanted to make a card just for fun, and this was the result. Sometimes it's fun to just make a card for no particular reason other than to play with paper, color, fabric and other fun elements.  I had just a small piece of the aqua-colored dotted cardstock that I've used for the background on this card. I'm not sure what brand it is as the remaining piece was quite small. Surprisingly, this is actually a Christmas paper. The other side of it is a holiday pattern with Santas and other Christmas images.

I can remember as a young girl loving the colors aqua and yellow. You can see from this card that I still love those colors.  The petals of the flower are from a single stamp that I stamped 5 times using Memento black tuxedo ink. I colored them in using both ProMarkers and watercolor pencils to end up with some very intense colors. Then I cut them out by hand and adhered them with some of my homemade gluedots. The little lady bug was cut from the Walk in My Garden cartridge.  I stamped the "Hello" and matted it with a small piece of yellow cardstock and added 3 pieces of Card Candi at the top. I have only white Card Candi, but they can easily be colored with my ProMarkers to match perfectly!

I curved the petals upward a bit for some dimension and adhered both the ladybug and the sentiment rectangle with foam adhesive.  The yellow rickrack is from my sewing supplies - some of which I inherited from my mother. No telling how old it is - could be decades!

Here's a quick peek at the inside, dressed up just a little with a border at the top made from the remaining scrap of aqua polka-dot cardstock. don't you love it when you can use every single scrap of a 12" X 12" piece of paper?
 
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
 
 

1 comment:

Patti J said...

What fun, Cheryl! Don't you just love creating 'just for fun'? Love your happy, colorful card! What a great idea to use the hearts for your flower petals, and love the zig zag trim! Great job, my friend! Hugs...