Wish List

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Birthday Times...

Our grandson's 9th birthday is coming up soon.  He's at an age when it gets a little more difficult to make a card that really pleases.  I do think he's going to like this one, though.  I want to thank Helen at It's All Fiddle Fart for sharing this idea.  Helen makes a lot of these cards and I have enjoyed seeing every creative newspaper headline she's come up with.  Please pay her a visit and check out her "Newspaper Cards."
I began making this card by creating a template in Publisher.  I have made a couple more of these cards and I always use the same basic template, but change the headlines, storylines, photos, etc., to fit the receiver. It's always fun to try to come up with something personal, but fun. For this card, I've also added layers with foam tape for the "Exclusive" title box and the party hat and gift. This gives the card some added interest and helps these items stand out.  The star brads also add a little dimension.                                

I'm hoping you can see the layers a little in the angled picture (even though it's not a very good photo!).  Finally, here's a photo of the sentiment on the inside - also computer generated.  I make this card at 5" X 7" to give me enough room for all of the elements. 
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Cheryl, this is awesome - he's going to love it! What a great card! And...speaking of great cards, my dear son-in-law received a beautiful card from you, and wanted to pass on his appreciation. He was actually quite impressed, and wanted to know how you did the background technique. I looked up the card on your blog, and smiled! Told him it was 'magic'..... Not sure he 'bought it', but we gals have to have some secrets, right? Thank you, Cheryl, from the bottom of my heart. He's in a very tough place, with absolutely no ammenities, and so appreciates what we do for him. God Bless You, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Its pretty cool what blogging can perform. Connect you with all others.

Anonymous said...

This is very intriguing, You are a quite skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to looking for far more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your internet web site in my social networks!