Wish List

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy Anniversary card...

This post will be a quick one as it has been a very busy day and it is late, late, late.  Tomorrow we will be heading to an early church service and then taking my husband's cousin and aunt out for lunch. His aunt is 89 and a dear, wonderful lady. I enjoy both her and her daughter's company so I'm really looking forward to sharing a meal with them.

Here's a an anniversary card that I made for some friends of ours in the Chicago area.  It was quick to make and has a lighthearted appeal, which is what I wanted. 
I used a Cuttlebug border folder for the embossing across the top and the swiss dots folder for the bride's "dress." The "tux" was formed by cutting a black heart about 2/3 down the center, folding back the two sides to form lapels and then adhering it to a white heart that had been lightly inked along the top edge so that it showed against the white background.  The little bow tie was hand cut from some extra black paper.  A banner for the sentiment, a few flowers, gems and pearls, and it was done.

Hope you are having a great weekend. I know I am. I was even able to finish  a card today, so I hope to edit the photos and post it tomorrow.

Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I just love how it all comes together!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comments on my wedding hankies! This card would go great with those!