Wish List

Monday, May 7, 2012

Oh, to be 16 again....

This is a "Sweet 16" birthday card that I made for my step granddaughter. Sixteen is such a wonderful and scary age all at the same time.  I hope this card conveys to her that we think she is a sweet young woman with a wonderful future ahead of her.

It's a simple card to make but I wanted to share that I used Card Candi to spell out s-w-e-e-t.  I purchased a packet of the white Card Candi at my local Archiver's store. I then colored it with Pro Markers to match the card and stamped the letters on with a tiny alphabet clear stamp set.  The inverted scallop circle is a Spellbinders die and the 16 was die cut from an old Cuttlebug alpha/number die set that I got when I first bought my Cuttlebug a few years ago.


Teens can be hard to make cards for, but this actually came together very quickly.  The inverted scallop circle is popped up on dimensionals and the Card Candi is adhered with my homemade glue dots.  More on those in another post.

Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!

Cheryl

No comments: