Wish List

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Feathers are so much fun...

Here is a fun card that came together very quickly, once I figured out what I wanted to do.  The little bird is cut at 3" from the Nate's ABCs cart.  I opted not to use the layers and instead inked his breast with some orange-gold chalk ink and used a feather from Petaloo for his wing and little top feathers.  For the placement of the wing, I looked to see where the wing was supposed to start in the handbook, poked a little hole and inserted the quill of the feather through the hole, securing it to the back with a little tape.

The flowers are also from Petaloo and the leafy branches were punched out with a Sizzix die.  For the centers of the flowers, I took some pale green/beige brads from my stash and dotted them with a paint marker.  I really liked how they looked with a few polka dots on them.  The pink gems were some I had in my stash and added just the right touch of "bling."  The butterfly is one from a K&Co. set that my grandson gave me for my birthday.  He's only 6 and picked out some crafting supplies for me all by himself. You have great taste, Max!


To make the base card, I folded some heavy cardstock and then used a Lifestyle Crafts scalloped square die to cut the shape.  I had to run just half of the card through my Cuttlebug, reposition the die, and then run the other half through to get just the size I needed. The mat on the front of the card is from a DCWV matstack called "The Sweet Matstack."  I also used a Lifestyle Crafts scalloped  oval die for the sentiment.

I hope you liked my little bird/butterfly card.  I am sending this to a young woman who is married to a soldier serving in Afghanistan.  I hope it lets her know she is not alone as she waits and worries.

I am also entering this card in  the following challenges:
Going Buggy - Things with wings
Truly Scrumptious Challenge - Pretty in Pink
The Paper Shelter - Bling it on
Cute Card Thursday- Pink & Green
Cardz TV - #108 May Day

Thanks for visiting.  Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl


10 comments:

Melissa said...

This is a gorgeous card, love that bird and how you added the feathers. The shape of the card is great and the flowers are perfect! Thanks for joining CCC!

Patti J said...

What fun! Those feathers make me SO happy! Great idea, Cheryl! Thanks for sharing - have a good night :)

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the Challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

My name is Wynneth said...

What a cute bird, lovely layout to your card too and the feathers are a fabulous touch. Thanks for playing along with us on Cute Card Thursday this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Lorie said...

Woah...that is gorgeous! The feathers are just perfect!

Creative Treasures said...

Such a fab card, those feathers are a perfect touch, loving the branch as well. Thanks for playing at Truly Scrumptious this week.

Tracy
x

Anonymous said...

Nice card dear.

heidy said...

Oh this is gorgeous !!
Thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

Marcea said...

WHat a great card - it is blingtastic!!!!!!! Thanks for joining us this week on The Paper Shelter x

Enfys said...

This is adorable Cheryl, love the chalking and the feathers. Thanks for joining in with the going buggy challenge this month, and good luck
hugs
Enfys x